If you or your aging parent requires home remodeling to care for their changing needs, contact AAA Remodeling Company today! Our custom designs help older adults prepare for a comfortable future in their current homes.
The goal of aging-in-place home renovation is to meet your needs by transforming your home into an accessible, safe, yet comfortable living environment while keeping within your budget. Today, the options are endless for the styles and accommodations that provide high functionality and flexibility without compromising the aesthetics.
At AAA Remodeling Company, we understand the importance of living in comfort throughout your golden years. We provide bathroom remodeling and kitchen remodeling services for our clients desiring to age in place. We have the skills and experience needed to guide you through this process.
The Top 5 Aging in Place Home Renovations
There several different ways to renovate your home to accommodate your needs as you age in place. But here are the most common aging in place renovations:
- Stairs and Entryways – One of the most common challenges aging people encounter is right at the entrance of their home. We provide design solutions for entryways which include lifts, elevators, ramps, and no step entries. For those who depend on a wheelchair, scooter, or walker, we can remodel doorways throughout the entire home to ensure comfortable maneuverability and access.
- Bathroom accessibility – Being able to access a bathroom for a person with limited mobility or for those who wheelchair bound can be incredibly challenging. There are several ways to get around these obstacles. For instance, grab bars can be installed in the shower, bathtub, by the toilet, and even in the closet. Countertops and lavatories can be reconstructed to accommodate wheelchairs or other needs. Finally, roll-in showers and tubs can be installed.
- Kitchen accessibility – We provide kitchen design ideas to accommodate the needs of our aging-in-place clients. We will ensure our clients have enough space to maneuver around their kitchen. At the same time, to have the necessary grab bars and other accessibility features for safe and efficient use while cooking and cleaning.
- Closets – Closet accessibility is one of the most common concerns for our aging-in-place clients. We can create walk-in or roll-in closets to accommodate their needs. Accessible closets with motion-activated lights are a few ways that accessibility needs can be met.
- Laundry room accessibility – Laundry room entryways are often narrow and have insufficient maneuvering space and storage accessibility issues. We can eliminate all these challenged by adding features such as cabinet pull-out trays, pedestal bases for washer and dryer, fold-down storage, side faucets, and wider entryways.
Aging in Place in St. Louis
If you or your aging parent requires home remodeling to care for their changing needs, contact AAA Remodeling Company today! Our custom designs help older adults prepare for a comfortable future in their current homes. We design bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas of a home for easy mobility and accessibility.
Call AAA Remodeling Company Today
For over 50 years AAA Remodeling Company has taken great pride in serving the remodeling needs of St. Louis and its surrounding areas.