20 May Ten Bathroom Remodeling Mistakes To Avoid
A bathroom remodel should improve both the function and aesthetics of your bathroom.
If your bathroom looks old, worn out, and out-of-date, then a bathroom remodel is the perfect idea for you. Through remodeling, you can make your bathroom much more efficient and aesthetic. However, you need to plan your bathroom remodeling project carefully.
Common Remodeling Mistakes to Avoid
A simple way of overcoming most mistakes is by delegating the bathroom remodel to a professional and experienced home remodeling company. Apart from this, you too can take charge of your project, and avoid some common mistakes that can play havoc with your bathroom remodel. Here are some common bathroom remodeling mistakes that every home owner should avoid.
- Do not underestimate the time that you will take to evaluate, choose, and order the materials for your bathroom remodel. When planning the project, keep aside enough time for ordering and getting the delivery of materials.
- Do not immediately start demolishing the bathroom. Make sure the design and plan is in place, and that all materials have been delivered or you have an assured time and date of delivery.
- Have a list of all the materials and equipment that may be required for the remodeling project. Quite often, you have to run around for last minute shopping, which can be quite frustrating and can delay the completion of the project.
- Ensure that you have proper circuits to handle additional load of new lights and fixtures.
- Check the existing water supply lines. New design, layout, or fixtures may require laying of new pipes.
- Do not order a new bathtub without checking the capacity of the existing water tank.
- Ensure that there is proper ventilation for odors and moisture.
- Make sure that there is adequate provision for storage of medicines, linens, and other accessories.
- Understand that the bathtub dimensions provided by the manufacturer are not the bathing area dimensions, but its overall size.
- Plan for additional costs that may spring up during the progress of the project. This will ensure that you are not taken by surprise in the middle of your bathroom remodeling project.
If you too are looking to give your bathroom a facelift, but feel scared of all the hassles involved, get in touch with AAA Remodeling Company at (636) 349-5777. With years of experience and best-in-class expertise on remodeling, we can give your bathroom a new life without disrupting your schedule or breaking your bank.
Photo credit: Chalon Handmade via Flickr