How can you add curb appeal to your home?
If you think your home’s exterior needs a facelift, consider the following six ways to add curb appeal to your home.
- Asphalt roofing is strong, natural-looking, and economical.
- Metal roofing normally has a warranty for up to fifty years.
- Wooden shakes may be expensive but they enhance the look of the house.
- Slate roofing is expensive and requires more maintenance but can last for up to fifty years.
- Tile roofing may be costly but it can last for up to fifty years.
- Vinyl siding can last for decades and is not easily damaged. It is also available in numerous styles and colors.
- Properly maintained wood siding can last a long time. Improper maintenance may cause the wood siding to deteriorate.
- Stucco siding is naturally resistant to fire, durable, and requires little maintenance.
- Metal siding can have the same appearance as wood siding but requires less maintenance.
- Maintain the traditional color scheme of the house.
- Use computer imaging in previewing the selected color of the house.
- Opt for subdued colors instead of vivid colors.
- Look at the color of houses in the area and ask for the paint brand used on the house.
- Tubular sidelights provide better lighting compared to artificial light. Integrating light kits into the sidelights can provide lighting at night.
- Windows can also provide solar radiation to solar heating systems to facilitate the heating of the house.
- Window glazing can protect the house from ultraviolet radiation and enhance house insulation.
- Low emissivity coating can keep heat inside the house during winter and block heat during summer.
- Checking other houses in the area can offer additional distinctive door ideas.
- Architectural salvage yards may provide some good vintage door concepts.
- A home remodeling company can also offer advice on good door designs.
- The lawn and shrubs should be properly maintained.
- Debris should be removed from the walkways to prevent accidents while enhancing the appearance of the house.
- Motion-activated outdoor lights can offer security and add value to the house.
- Privacy and security are improved through the use of fences.