Turn your patio room into an inviting and attractive space that your family and friends will love to spend time in.
Patio rooms are a great addition to any home. They not only add functional space and enhance the aesthetic appeal of the home but also add to the value of the property. However, it is unfortunate to treat the patio room as an “extra” or “external” space. It deserves as much attention as your living room does, and doing so will turn it into a practical and attractive space that you will love to spend your time in. Design it in such a way that it feels like an important part of your home.
Designing and Furnishing Your Patio Room
Design and furnish your patio room in a way that it draws attention and evokes interest from visitors. While choosing furniture be as considerate as you are while choosing furniture for other areas of your home. Here are some tips from home remodeling experts.
- Keep in mind the style of your home and then think of ways to carry it outdoors. The best way to achieve this is to consider the design elements of the room that leads to the patio room, and then repeat these elements in the patio room. For example, if the room has a classic theme with bright colors, take the same elements to the patio room as well.
- Include special features and lighting, such as outdoor music, water features, or fountains. These may require a power supply, to ensure that there are electrical outlets.
- Create focal points that attract attention. You can achieve this with the use of water features, a fireplace, or indoor landscapes. This becomes extremely important if the flooring or walls of the patio room are less attractive, or the outside view is less than ideal.
- When designing and furnishing the patio room keep in mind the purpose you intend using the patio for. Consider whether you would like to host parties, make it into a kids play area, or for simply relaxing. Depending on the activities that you would like to perform there, decide on the furniture and accessories.
- Do not try to be too thrifty while choosing furniture. Although it is an outdoor space, do not assume you should use plastic garden furniture. Pick up furniture that adds to the functionality and aesthetics of the patio room.
- Whatever furniture or furnishings you choose to keep comfort at the top of your mind.
- Use appropriate accessories to create character in the patio room. Use elements that draw the eye and add beauty. However, make sure that the outdoor accessories you choose are sturdy enough to stand the elements. Lanterns, contemporary torches, and other interesting lighting fixtures can add a lot of comfort. Fabric cubes too are a great way to add zing to the place.
Making Your Ideas a Reality
It may be best to leave the job to a professional home remodeling company specializing in patio rooms. Call AAA Remodeling Company at (636) 349-5777. We will create for you a patio room that you will love to spend time in.
Photo credit: Media Director via Flickr