As we move into 2021, many homeowners are looking to create a bathroom that is really a retreat, a place to unwind and de-stress.
It is not a surprise that after 2020, bathroom design trends into 2021 are looking more like home spas. Most Americans spent a lot of time at home last year, which meant more time spent in their bathrooms. As we move into 2021, many homeowners are looking to create a bathroom that is really a retreat, a place to unwind and de-stress. They have become much more than a functional space.
At AAA Remodeling, we proudly specialize in interior and bathroom remodeling throughout the St. Louis area. We will help you design a bathroom that exceeds your expectations.
The bathroom is the ideal space to begin your remodeling project. Whether you’re brushing your teeth or soaking in the tub with a glass of wine, it should be a place that you love to spend time in.
Here are some of the design trends for 2021 you can consider for your bathroom remodel:
- Statement Lighting – From chandeliers to pendants, statement lighting is having a moment. This means you don’t have to have a complete overhaul to update your bathroom.
- Blended Schemes – Bathrooms are not limited to bright white and a polished, clean contemporary feel. Vintage and modern designs with a more busy and bold look are trending this year.
- Smart Technology – From automatic hand-wipe sensors, demisting mirrors, LED temperature displays, and integrated charging and USB ports, the bathroom is rapidly becoming a haven for smart technology.
- Bold Colors – Subway tiles are still in but are taking a bold twist by coming in various colors. Play-it-safe neutrals are fading out, and bold colors are making their way in. Consider different shades of green and even black.
- Decorative Basins – This year will see a spin on classic white ceramic sinks. They’ll feature a brightly colored matte version, ripples, pastels, and the addition of gold rims.
- Metallic Fixtures – Chrome and steel are typical choices for bathrooms and kitchens, but they can sometimes make a room feel cold. This year, opt for warmer metallic tones such as copper or brass.
- Lots of Storage – Nooks and crannies are a popular upgrade for 2021. Built-in niches are on the rise. Cabinets take up a lot of space, so adding little cubby holes here and there is a great way to add extra, cute space.
These are just a few suggestions that can transform your bathroom into a sanctuary. We understand that when searching for fixtures and components for your new bathroom, the sheer multitude of choices can be extremely overwhelming. During our personal consultation, we will discuss your design objectives, budget, and expectations. With your input and years of bathroom remodeling experience under our belt, AAA Remodeling Company can help guide you through the selection process.